Chicken in a double boiler. Tips for cooking
In recent years, people have been trying to lead a healthylifestyle: moving more, doing sports, watching their diet. Steamers are very popular now. They can cook anything: meat, vegetables, cereals.
For example, a chicken in a double boiler is prepared the same time as in a skillet, only the benefits of such a dish are much greater.
Read on, and you will learn how tasty and healthy it is possible to cook chicken dishes in a steamer with vegetables and greens.
Recipe # 1
Marinated chicken in a double boiler with vegetables
- chicken (breast) - two pieces;
- walnuts - one hundred and fifty-two hundred grams;
- Soy sauce - one (can be more) a tablespoon;
- greens (parsley, basil, dill) - a few twigs;
- curry - a teaspoon (one);
- coriander (ground) - a little (a couple of small pinches);
- potatoes - four to six pieces;
- cabbage color - two hundred grams;
- beans asparagus - one hundred and fifty-two hundred grams.
How to cook chicken in a double boiler? Read on.
First, you need to make a marinade for the chicken andvegetables. For this, all the greens are taken and chopped small enough. After that, the walnuts are cleaned and ground. Greens and nuts are laid out in a bowl (deep), there is added soy sauce, curry and coriander. Everything is thoroughly stirred. A column of half a liter of water pours in. This chicken is placed in the marinade. While she marinades, vegetables are cleaned and washed, and also placed in the marinade for ten, fifteen minutes can be.
After that, put the vegetables in the bottom pan of the steamer, and the chicken - in the upper, lightly sprinkle it with sauce. Cook this dish you need about twenty-thirty-five minutes.
Recipe No. 2
Chicken in a double boiler in foil with potatoes. The dish is designed for a steamer with three tiers.
- chicken (legs) - six knocks;
- potatoes - twelve pieces;
- salt, seasoning - according to your taste;
- mayonnaise - six tablespoons;
- greens (dill, onion).
This chicken in a double boiler is prepared this way:
First, potatoes are cleaned and washed. Then takes the foil, cut off from it six identical pieces (thirty-five centimeters). The chicken leg is inserted into the center, which is pre-seasoned and salted, next to it is placed potatoes (a pair of pieces), which is cut into eight pieces and also seasoned. All this is smeared with half a tablespoon of mayonnaise and covered with greens. The foil is wrapped. So it is necessary to do with each leg. The dish is cooked in a double boiler for about fifty minutes.
Recipe # 3
Chicken in a double boiler with potatoes, carrots, peppers and other vegetables
- chicken (breast) - two (if small - three) pieces;
- pepper (Bulgarian) sweet - three or four pieces;
- potatoes - eight to ten pieces;
- onion (onion) - two onions;
- carrots - two (medium) pieces;
- cabbage (color) - two or three handfuls;
- seasoning (salt and spices) - to taste.
Preliminary need to clean and wash all the vegetables.
Then they need to be cut:
- potatoes - in large circles;
- onion - rings;
- Carrots - circles. If young, then you can be as thick as a potato, and if it's a long time ago, it's better to cut it in thin circles, since it can not be cooked to the end;
- pepper - each for eight to ten pieces (like thick straws).
The potato is salted and laid out in the lowercapacity. Remaining - placed in the upper. Above it, cabbage is laid, then carrots and onions with pepper (all salt). A chicken is put on top, salted and seasoned.
It takes about an hour to cook a dish.
You can serve chicken with vegetables with your favorite sauce, chopped greens and a salad of fresh vegetables.
Light salad to the main course.
- lettuce - ten leaves;
- cherry tomatoes - five to six pieces;
- cucumbers - two;
- bow (feather) - at will.
Salad to tear. Cherry cut into four pieces (each). Cucumbers cut into mugs. Chop onion. Season the salad with lemon juice or salt and olive oil.