How to choose a bike for a child?
In childhood, in spring and summer, there is nothing better than riding on a comfortable and beautiful bike in sunny weather! If your baby has grown up enough for such entertainment and you want to please him with a wonderful gift on the eve of a new warm season, you need to take into account a few important points. Children's bike should be reliable, comfortable, suitable for a particular child and beautiful.
Choosing a children's bike: general tips
- High-quality children's bicycles are sold in good sports shops, specialized children's sports departments or on reliable and reputable sites with children's products. For example, you can look at a suitable bicycle on the site http://www.korablik.ru/ - besides a two-wheeled friend, here you will find for your child a lot of other useful and beautiful goods. Carefully consider the choice of the store - you must be sure that you can buy a strong, safe and brand bike there.
- You can make a choice in favor of any well-known good company - they all work for many years and monitor the quality of products.If you see the brand for the first time and want to make sure that it is worthwhile, type the name and the word “bikes” on the Internet - by the first links you will find the official website of the manufacturer. Little-known companies do not have such sites. Each company has its own distinctive features, but in general they have little effect on the final product. It is much more important in choosing a children's bicycle to consider its cost, color and functions.
- A good children's bike in a specialty store will cost more than the market, as the price matches the quality. This is not only a beautiful and bright design, but also the quality of materials, parts, ease of use, weight of the bike, durability and strength.
- When choosing a bike, consider the physical development and age of the child. The kids need a tricycle friend, since the three wheels create a stable structure - the child can learn to hold the steering wheel and pedal. Children 3-6 years old can choose "four-wheeled" bikes - two removable safety wheels that are attached to the rear, will help the child not to fall if he loses his balance. When the baby is already well mastered the ride, you can fully go on a two-wheeled.
- Consider the growth of the child.The length of the bicycle frame and the diameter of the wheels depend on the height of the baby. To understand which wheels to choose, divide the height by 2.5, and then another 2.54 - you will get the result in inches. Focus on it when you pick up the wheels. For example, if you get a result of 16.4 inches, you should focus on wheels with 16 or 17 inches. It is important to determine the appropriate frame length. The length from the elbow to the fingertips of the child is the most suitable distance from the steering wheel to the edge of the seat.
- The distance between the frame and the crotch of the child should be at least 10 cm, so that he can easily sit on the bike and jump off it. Fasten the steering wheel and seat so that the child freely reaches the pedals and does not slouch. You should not choose a bike “for growth” - it will be inconvenient for the kid to control it and he will not get pleasure from the ride.
Bike selection by age
- Scooters without pedals, cute light models with pedals on the front wheel and tricycles are suitable for the little ones. A tricycle with a handle is one of the best options.
- In 3-4 years, we need full wheels and additional training wheels. Choose a model with chain protection (from dirt and clothing) and on the steering wheel (from headers). The seat should be comfortable and soft, but strong, the frame - low.It is better to choose a model with such characteristics: one speed, 12 inch wheels, rear brake with the help of a foot.
- In 4-6 years, you can choose models with the same functions as in the previous case. Differences: wheels - 16 inches, along with the rear foot brake - front manual.
- Children 6-9 years old will like bright two-wheeled bicycles, like adult models, only smaller. Front and rear handbrake, 20-inch wheels, multiple speeds.
- At 9-13 years old, a bicycle can be picked up as an adult. The difference lies only in the small frame size and in the wheels - 24 inches. If the child is over 135 cm tall, then you can choose wheels with 26 inches.
When choosing a bike for a child, consider not only technical parameters, convenience and safety, but also the appearance and design of the model. Having determined the appropriate options for your baby, let him choose the most beautiful one himself - let him take part in the purchase of the first transport!