How to choose a used car?
Now the trend is that everyone wants a good car. This is how the modern world taught us that we need to have everything that is safe and good. But not always we can afford a new, beautiful car from the passenger compartment - after all, it can “bite” our pocket. Then we come back to the fact that we choose cars supported, with mileage. But such cars come with a trick. In this article, we will tell you how to buy a used car, how to check this car for flaws and not throw money into the void.
In addition, we will give you instructions on what you first need to pay attention to, what tools to have with you or accessories.
Auto Check Tools
So, you chose a car that you liked and now you need to look closer, only after inspection you can say whether the car is suitable for you or not. To do this, you need to have with you:
- Flashlight (preferably small, so that you can easily look into the most secluded places of the car).
- The key for candles and a set of rozhkov keys with sizes 8 -12.
- A magnet wrapped in a rag (this fixture is needed to check whether the car is putty, if processed, it means it was broken).
Instructions for checking the car
Before you choose a car with mileage, you need to see all the documents for this car. First look at the technical data sheet. It is necessary to check the numbers of bodies in the cabin and under the hood, also do not forget about the engine number (all this should be clearly stated, without distortion). If the car is foreign, you can demand from the owner a service book, if it is so on this car, then you can understand how often the car was under repair.
After these formal procedures, proceed to a direct inspection of the car:
- We start with the body. First, the body of the car must be clean. Then carefully inspect all the joints of the body, pay attention to the gaps between the wings and the bumpers, front and rear windows - they should be smooth and have the same width. After that, sit down near the right headlight of the car and look along the body - so you will see if the car is broken, use a magnet to determine the places of interest (the car may have rusted and the owner patched and putty the car).
- Inspect all the doors, they should close easily without much effort (if it is not a Soviet car!). Pay attention to all sorts of stickers or inscriptions, because perhaps they hide, mask the defects of the machine.
- Do not forget to open the hood and look at the insides of the car, if there are no fresh places from sawing bolt holes, also look at the engine mount, headlights. In fact, in this place of the car everything should look natural (with road dust). This completed the body inspection.
- Next, look at the salon. Here, too, there should be no damage, torn covers. Look through the entire door trim for worn items. Next, inspect the steering wheel, lights, "proclaim" all the switches, all the options of the car, make sure they work. Do not forget to look under the rugs, it should be dry under them.
- Next, go to the suspension, brake system and chassis of the car. Before you choose a used car, you should definitely inspect these parts of the car. First of all, inspect the wheels, wheels for obvious damage (cracks, dents). Then sit behind the wheel, lock it, and try to spin the wheels, if you did not get it, then the locking system works fine.Look under the wheels and see if there are any leaks from the shock absorber and whether there are solid springs and anthers.
- Next, hold the car for a dynamic inspection, that is, get behind the wheel, start the car. Listen to how the engine works, how the ignition worked (without rattle). Next, inspect the entire panel, it should work completely, all the indicators should be lit.
- Get going. First check how the gear shifts - it should be easy and quiet. Next, evaluate how effectively the car's clutch pedal works. Then go to the brakes. On an equal part of the road, brake sharply and look at the reaction of the brake system, then brake smoothly - after that, get out of the car and look at the braking distance, it should be symmetrical and even, without going aside.
Well, in principle, and all your basic actions when choosing a car that already has mileage. The main thing is to be attentive. Good luck in choosing a car!