How to connect Byfly modem?
Watch the video
Nowadays, almost every home has Internet access and very often there is a wireless Wi-Fi network. Without modems and routers there would be no internet. People use different providers, among which there is a byfly provider. Consider how you can connect a byfly modem to a computer.
We connect byfly modem
The modem from the ByFly provider is connected in the same way as any other ADSL modem. To do this, you can call the wizard, which will install all the necessary equipment. But if you want to connect a modem yourself, then you will need a junction box and the modem itself.
The box is needed to divide the telephone line into a modem and a telephone base. We connect the modem to a computer or laptop via usb-wire. After that, you will only need to configure the hardware through a computer
Byfly modem setup
To configure a modem, you need:
- Go to the browser and enter in the address bar "192.168.1.1".
- In the window that opens, enter the username and password "admin".
- In the modem menu, find the “Interface Setup” tab, where in the login and password fields enter the data specified in the provider agreement.
- Make sure that “Activated” is specified in the “Bridge Interface” item, and “Yes” in the “Default Route” item.
- Go to the Lan tab, where you can specify the DNS address of your region, which is also listed in the documentation.
Modem setup is complete and you can use it.