How to cook a catfish?
Most housewives after trying to make catfish try to have no more business with her. And no wonder, because often culinary experiments with this fish end in failure, and the finished dish is more like porridge from fish. Let's find out what kind of animal it is, what useful properties it has and how to cook a catfish fish correctly.
Catfish is otherwise called the sea wolf. This is a predatory fish that feeds on shellfish and other living creatures. There are five types of catfish, and each has its own unique culinary qualities. Spotted catfish, for example, fall apart less when cooking. These fish are mined in northern waters.
Catfish is a very valuable and useful product for the human body. Not only does it contain a lot of vitamin A, B vitamins, thiamine, a lot of trace elements, and other nutrients, but also its meat is very tasty and tender, with a slightly sweet taste, and it has almost no bones. By the way, calorie calorie 96 kcal and per 100 grams of fillet accounts for 17.5 grams of protein, 2.39 grams of fat, and of course 0 grams of carbohydrates.
How can cook a catfish
Catfish can be found in almost any fish store. It is sold fresh, frozen or smoked. In the cookbooks you will find many recipes for the preparation of this fish, because you can cook anything and anything from it. Here are some general cooking tips for catfish:
- If you decide to extinguish this fish, then you need to cut it into large pieces, and first fry in a pan, pre-rolled in flour
- Catfish should not be fried in a pan just like that. It is better to fry it in batter, or it is worth a little hot before boiling it in water with a lot of salt. The thing is that the structure of the flesh of this fish is very loose, and the above described manipulations need to be carried out in order not to get fish jelly instead of a tasty toasted steak.
- Fillets of catfish can be cooked excellent burgers. As with ordinary meat, fish meat is passed through a meat grinder and add onions, potato starch, garlic, milk, pepper and salt. The peculiarity is that it is undesirable to cook these burgers in a pan. The best solution is to bake them in the oven, and thus the shape of the chops is not disturbed.To emphasize the exquisite taste of the dish to the table it should be served hot and with sour cream.
- Another way to cook a catfish in the oven - casserole. On a greased, baking sheet or pan, you need to lay out the fish, potatoes and onions in layers. Then all this must be smeared with sour cream and sprinkled with grated cheese, and then sent to the oven.
- Another catfish can be steamed with vegetable garnish. Fish goes well with cauliflower, bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli and carrots.
- Also, catfish can be cooked on the grill.
- To cook a catfish is not necessary a lot of time. It will be enough 10-12 minutes, but do not forget to remove the foam.
Now we will describe in more detail how to cook a catfish. Below are some interesting recipes. Read and memorize!
Grilled catfish steaks
To prepare this dish, in arbitrary portions, you will need:
- Vegetable oil.
If you use frozen fish, you should defrost it well before cooking, otherwise you will not be able to cook a beautiful dish. Cut the catfish in fairly thick pieces, sprinkle them with salt about half an hour before putting it on the pan. By the way, it is better to use a pan of Teflon with a non-stick coating.Before you put the steaks in a frying pan, on which the vegetable oil is already heated, roll them in flour, and not sparing the latter. Fry the catfish on high heat and turn it over only when a steady golden crust is formed. Do not cover the pan with a lid during cooking, otherwise you will have a fish mess. It is better to fry fish from each side several times, or, in extreme cases, to cook with the lid ajar. As soon as the fish is ready, remove it from the pan and let it cool a bit - so each steak will be better kept its shape. It is so very easy to cook a catfish steak. The fish will be very tasty and tender.
Catfish baked in foil
To cook a catfish in the oven, you need the following ingredients:
- Potato or Rice
- A tomato
- Sour cream.
The proportions of the products depend on the number of servings. It is necessary to put a little, boiled rice or potatoes on an unfolded piece of foil. The next layer put sprouted soybeans. You can not use it if you do not like soy. Put a piece of catfish fillet on soybean, which we cover with tomato.Put 1 tablespoon of sour cream on it and sprinkle with cheese thickly. Now it remains only to wrap the foil, and send the bundles to the preheated oven for a quarter of an hour. The dish is ready!
Catfish steamed with beets
Here's another way to make delicious catfish. You will need the following ingredients:
- Catfish - 500 g
- Juice half a lemon.
- 2 tbsp. spoons of soy sauce
- 1 pinch of oregano.
- 1-2 medium sized beets.
Before cooking it is necessary to marinate, already cut into catfish pieces, in sauce. For this you need to mix lemon juice, oregano and soy sauce. The fish should be marinated for half an hour. Then each piece must be salted, wrapped in foil. Now we send all this to a double boiler for 15 minutes.
While the catfish is cooking, you can start preparing a side dish of stewed beets. Clean it, three grated and send to the pan, adding a little oil and water.
When everything is ready, put on the plates first stewed beets, and on top of the finished fish. The dish can be decorated with a slice of lemon.