How to cook caviar from mushrooms for the winter
Mushroom caviar is a tasty and nutritious snack, because the “forest inhabitants” are slightly inferior to meat in terms of protein content. For the production of used not only fresh mushrooms, but also salted, frozen, dried. We will discuss how to winter.
A jar with a different snack is in every fridge. He opened the lid and after a minute an appetizing dish appeared on the table, to which the spoon stretches. A popular snack made from crushed ingredients is caviar, which turns a simple slice of bread into an appetizing and healthy dish.
What mushrooms to cook caviar at home? Of any edible. After salting and marinating the caps, the legs were left - boldly cook caviar from them. Vegetables, herbs and spices will decorate the snack and enrich the composition with useful substances.
Classic recipe from fresh forest mushrooms
The classic recipe will suit connoisseurs of rich mushroom taste. Try to cook caviar from chanterelles and mushrooms, it is considered the most delicious.
- Mushrooms - 2.5 kg.
- Salt - ½ cup.
- Vegetable oil - ½ cup.
- Onion - 800 g
- Water - 400 ml.
- Greens - dill and parsley.
- Vinegar 9%.
- Prepare the mushrooms: clean from large debris, wash, chop. Put the pieces in salted water.
- Boil for half an hour on low heat, stirring and removing the foam, then drain in a colander.
- Shred onion, sauté in oil until golden brown.
- Mushrooms with onions scroll in a meat grinder.
- Add chopped greens and vinegar to the resulting mass: for one jar you will need 1 tbsp. l vinegar and a couple of sprigs of grass. Move carefully.
- Spread the mass over the cans, cover the lids loosely. Sterilize the jars with caviar 45 minutes.
- After seaming, put the jars upside down, cover with a warm thing, let cool completely.
Recipe without sterilization
Do not want to sterilize the jars - this recipe is for you. After shredding, the mushroom mixture is further extinguished for some time, this protects the workpiece from spoilage.
- Mushrooms - 1 kg.
- Water - 1 l.
- Onion - 4 pcs.
- Garlic - 3 cloves.
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp. l
- Salt pepper.
- Pour the prepared mushrooms with water, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.Throw in a colander, rinse well, then put in salted water, cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain broth, scroll the mushrooms in a meat grinder.
- Crumble onion and garlic. Pass the onions to transparency.
- Mix onions and mushrooms, add garlic and pepper.
- Roast a lot for 10 minutes.
- Spread on the banks, pour on top of 1 tbsp. l vinegar.
- Close the cans using plastic covers, or roll up.
- Keep the chilled snack in a cold place.
To avoid mold on the surface, you can put horseradish leaves on top of the caviar. They have antibacterial and antibacterial properties.
Tasty caviar from frozen mushrooms
Want to eat caviar, and in the presence of only mushrooms from the freezer? Feel free to cook a snack from them. To taste, it will not yield to the product from fresh mushrooms.
- Frozen mushrooms - 2 kg.
- Vegetable oil - 8 tbsp. l
- Onions - 2-3 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Tomato paste - 3 tbsp. l
- Ground black pepper - 1 tsp.
Step by step preparation:
- Pre-thaw the mushrooms and boil in salted water for 30-40 minutes.
- Pour off the excess liquid, leaving about 0.5 cups to keep the mushroom taste and smell.
- Finely chop the onion until transparent.
- Grate carrots with a large grater, fry over medium heat until soft.
- Combine the mushrooms with vegetables, scroll the mixture through a meat grinder.
- Put the dishes with the mass on a small fire. Constantly stir, so as not to burn.
- When the composition boils, add tomato paste, herbs and spices. Mushrooms were cooked in salted water, so salt gently, do not overdo it.
- Cover the dishes with a lid, stew for 40 minutes. Spread caviar on the banks.
- Banks boil for 15 minutes, seal and put on the cold, without waiting for cooling.
Do not use frozen mushrooms that have expired: fresh stored no more than a year, boiled - no more than 4 months.
Caviar from dried mushrooms
Mushrooms after drying do not lose useful qualities. From dried caviar with saturated aroma will turn out. Cooks recommend taking tubular species - white, boletus, aspen, boletus.
- Dried mushrooms - 2 kg.
- Onion - 400 g
- Tomatoes - 600g.
- Vegetable oil - 300 ml.
- Salt pepper.
- Put dried mushrooms in boiling water. After half an hour, pour off the liquid, rinse, cut into pieces.Boil in salted water for 30 minutes.
- Grind the mushrooms with a meat grinder and fry in butter for half an hour.
- Slice the tomatoes, finely chop the onion. Fry the vegetables separately from the mushrooms.
- Combine the mushroom mass with the vegetable, add the spices, simmer another 15 minutes.
- Spread caviar on the banks, sterilize.
- Put the workpiece in the refrigerator or cellar.
How to cook caviar of champignons
You don't need to go with mushrooms in the forest for champignons, they are easy to find in the stores all year round. They have a delicate structure, so they prepare faster than others. In this recipe, mushrooms are not boiled, but fried, which makes the taste more saturated.
- Champignons - 2 kg.
- Onion - 4 pcs.
- Carrots - 4 pcs.
- Vinegar - 4 tbsp. l
- Bay leaves - 4 pcs.
- Salt pepper.
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Wash champignons, dry, cut into slices.
- Grate the carrot on a fine grater, crumble the onion. Fry vegetables with butter until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- When the mass has cooled, remove the lavrushka. If there is a lot of juice, drain the excess.
- Crush the mass with a blender, add vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Spread caviar on the banks. Sterilize 15 minutes, clog.
In appearance, caviar from mushrooms is similar to pate. Ideal for sandwiches, both independently and in combination with greens, grated cheese, chopped egg. Fans of mushroom sauce will be able to cook it themselves with the help of caviar with mushrooms.
For the taste of mushroom caviar to meet the expectations, and the jars with snacks stood throughout the winter, experienced chefs recommend.
- Do not use different varieties of mushrooms, if unsure that they are combined.
- From fresh, choose only high-quality specimens, without rot and wormholes.
- Milk mushrooms and rows are considered conditionally edible. Soak them in water with salt (1 tsp.) And citric acid (0.5 tsp.)
- In order not to poison yourself, be sure to boil the mushrooms.
- Banks and covers must be sterilized before use.
- The best way to store cans is under plastic covers. Keep them in the cold.
- You plan to keep in the usual room - use metal covers.
- Throw away jars if you notice a swollen lid or bubbles appear in your calf, which means that bacteria that cause botulism have multiplied in the product.
- Do not store an open jar for more than 5 days.
- If caviar is prepared for use in soups, main dishes or pies, it can be frozen. Put it in bags or special containers and place in the freezer.
In the summer of the kitchen housewives are transformed into factories for the production of blanks. Popular wisdom says: "In the summer one day feeds the whole year."