How to grow a crystal?
Watch the video
Growing a crystal at home is not at all a difficult task, it can be an exciting activity for children and adults. Let's talk more about how and from what you can grow a crystal at home.
Crystal growing from sugar
To grow a crystal from sugar, you need the following in addition to this component:
- a spoon;
The process of growing a crystal at home:
- Boil the water, add the sugar and stir it thoroughly.
- Then enter another portion of sugar, stir it again and continue to do so until it begins to settle at the bottom.
- Take a pencil and tie a thread to its center.
- From a dry sugar, select a large crystal, and then wind it with a thread.
- Put a pencil across the neck of the glass, it is necessary that the thread is immersed in the solution.
- Now leave it all for a few days - during this time the water from the tank will begin to evaporate, and the crystal will begin to germinate.
- After the specified period, prepare a new sugar solution and add it to the glass. So proceed until you grow a crystal of the required size.
Growing crystal from vitriol
Vitriol is widely used as a fertilizer. You can buy it in stores offering products for the garden. It is important to remember that you can work with it only in rubber gloves. To grow a crystal, you need the following components:
- distilled water;
- pack of vitriol;
- a spoon;
- metal container.
To grow a crystal by this method is necessary as follows:
- Pour 300 ml of water into a jar and pour a tablespoon of vitriol.
- Mix everything thoroughly to get a uniform consistency.
- Add a spoonful of vitriol to the liquid again and stir. Do this until it begins to settle on the bottom to get a supersaturated solution.
- Place a jar of vitriol in a metal container, and then put it on a fire. It is necessary that the vitriol is completely dissolved in water.
- Take a bead and put it on a string, making sure to fasten it on the knot.
- Tie a string on a stick and lower it together with the bead into the solution, placing it across the jar.
- Leave everything for a few days. You need to wait until the bead with the thread is completely covered with crystals.
Growing a crystal from salt
Very beautiful crystals are obtained from salt.To grow them you need the following:
- metal container;
- a thread;
The process of growing crystals from salt:
- Take a jar and pour 200 ml of water there.
- Add a few tablespoons of salt and mix everything thoroughly.
- In a metal container pour the liquid, the temperature of which should reach 60 degrees.
- Place a jar of saline there and leave for 30 minutes.
- Add salt there again. It must be poured until a precipitate appears on the bottom.
- Tie a string on a pencil, and a bead on its end.
- Place a pencil across the neck of the jar so that the thread with the bead is dipped into the saline solution.
- Now wait for the crystals to grow. Tips on how to speed up such a process can be found in the article How to grow a crystal from salt.
You can grow crystals not only from vitriol, sugar and salt, but also from baking soda. But in this case it is necessary to take a coarse thread. The cultivation process itself is similar to the one where sugar is used.
Crystals can also be made with chemical powders.They are sold in sets and are designed specifically for this purpose. At the same time, very beautiful crystals of prismatic and needle-shaped forms of various colors can be grown from them. They can then be used as decorative elements of the interior of the house.