How to live for free?
Money is not happiness, as the famous proverb says, but you can’t live without it. Nevertheless, many would like to know how to live for free or with minimal living expenses.
How to live free abroad
If you are going on vacation to another country, or even decide to move there for permanent residence, you will have to face problems such as accommodation, food and entertainment. Is it possible to live a healthy free abroad?
Lovers of travel sooner or later have to face the problem that traveling and living on the territory of another country takes a lot of money, and not many can afford it.
- Economical accommodation options are hostels - more economical hotels of common type, where the room is designed for 4-10 people. They are less comfortable than hotels, but if you like communication and acquaintances, they are quite suitable for you.
- If you do not want to pay for accommodation, try to make friends or find relatives! All of us, our parents and grandparents have a lot of friends who, one way or another, settled down in this life.Try to find them on social networks, chat - you will be surprised how people’s destinies are different! It is possible that some of them will agree to take you for a couple of weeks at home, or he will invite you to visit.
- If you haven't found any friends, do not despair - the world wide web blurs the boundaries! Try to find new friends on special sites or on social networks, it is likely that there will be those who want to invite you to visit. Just be careful and remember about safety! Even if you have agreed to go to someone to visit, be sure to tell your relatives and friends the coordinates and data of this person so that you can be found later.
- If you have decided to permanently move to another country, and are thinking about how to live there for free, try to combine business with pleasure and marry or marry a foreigner / foreigner. Of course, first of all this method is relevant for girls. But guys should not forget that in the West there are a lot of progressive business women. They do not have enough attention, so they are quite ready to assume the costs for the young man who will pay him.
- Hitchhike on the couches or couchsurfing.Another type of free travel is a relatively new trend - couchsurfing. The name comes from two English words: couch - a sofa and serfing - to travel, roam. That is, literally you find a person on a special resource, for example, you communicate with him, agree that he will receive you for a certain period of time, and then in return you provide him with the same service - someday he will come to visit you and also be able to count on reciprocal hospitality. Conditions may be different, and it is worth discussing them in advance - as you know, there are rattles in each hut.
- Another alternative option of free accommodation abroad on holiday is the exchange of houses. You can find a person in the country you want to go to, see photos of his house and provide a photo of your home. The only catch is that your weekend must be the same.
Suppose you managed to solve the issue of free residence in another country, it now remains to find out what to do and how to have fun. In fact, it is much easier than finding free accommodation, because where there are people, there is always entertainment and communication.
If you are in some eastern, exotic country, then the first of the entertainment can be the market. The very range of products, how sellers lure buyers, as well as all sorts of buffoon, sword eaters and fakirs certainly will not let you get bored.
Each city, especially abroad, has its own history and architecture. Look on the Internet, which streets have a special charm, or just go to the center. A lot of pleasant impressions and a cultural program for the day are provided.
Free museum and exhibitions
The most famous and expensive museums, of course, require a certain admission fee, but even in the Louvre every first Sunday of the month admission is free, and in London you can freely visit the Natural History Museum, the British Museum, the famous Hyde Park and the National Gallery. In Prague, you can go to the Museum of Decorative Art every Tuesday from 17:00 to 19:00. In Madrid, you can visit the Prado Museum free of charge from Tuesday to Saturday from 18:00 to 20:00 or on Sunday from 17:00 to 20:00, and on some national holidays, admission is free to all museums in Madrid.Anyway, before the trip you can always find information on the Internet, most of the museums work for free on certain days.
Festivals and processions
If you are an avid theater-goer or a dance lover, you should see if there are any festivals, processions or other street events at your place of rest. Since everything goes on the street, this kind of entertainment is absolutely free.
How to live free in Russia
In the event that you ask yourself a question: “How to live? I want to live for free, but everywhere I need money "in my native country, here everything is a little more complicated.
Of course, you can use the same way as abroad - to live with relatives or friends. But, as a rule, this type of residence will not be used for a long time - sooner or later, the owners will demand from you some kind of minimum utility bills or another kind of compensation for their hospitality. Although some people manage to live their whole lives with their relatives for free.
Another option for free accommodation is to live without being tied to a specific place of residence. Simply put, homelessness.Many modern people deliberately renounce real estate, work and other material benefits that deprive them of their freedom of spirit, and move to warm lands where they live like our ancestors lived, completely abstracting from the social system.
The less romantic option of living without a certain place of residence is familiar to us all - basements, train stations, garages, stops, entrances and so on.
In addition, both abroad and in your own country, you can live in a tent, hut, dugout or cave. Especially this kind of residence is suitable for those who seek to get away from the city and people, to be closer to nature.
At first glance, it may seem impossible to eat for free, but it is not.
First, you can always go back to basics and engage in cattle breeding and growing vegetables and fruits yourself. If desired, and with sufficient diligence, it is quite possible to do all this for free, remember that our ancestors did not really use money for food. If you do not want to grow anything yourself, you can go hunting, fishing and gathering.
Secondly, you can try the cashless method of barter, which the German Heidemarie Schwermer has been using for 15 years.This woman opened her shop, where any person can come and exchange his thing for something that he needs. Likewise, you can exchange your work skills for some other service. In the conditions of our country, it is possible to agree on work in any grocery store, where food will be your salary. Similarly, you can try to negotiate with employees of public utilities, which you will offer food or services, and they will pay for you bills. Or you can refuse to use these services at all.
Thirdly, you can try friganstvo - a branch of veganism, whose followers deny the need to pay for food, and feed on what they find at the dump, in garbage cans and in public catering waste.
Perhaps the question of free entertainment - the easiest of all.
If there is an embankment in your city, then there is always entertainment there. Young people playing on various musical instruments, street performers, the very look and atmosphere of the embankment will be great entertainment for you.
Apartment concerts and parties, the so-called "lists" - also a great kind of entertainment.There you can always talk to interesting people, listen to good music, sing and sometimes even drink for free.
Board games are now played not only at home in a narrow circle. In many shopping and entertainment centers, there are now entire game stores: in the huge hall, behind the set of tables, lovers of “Munchkin”, “Mafia”, “Monopoly” and other old and new games gather. As a rule, such events are held free of charge by the sellers of these games as a demonstration.
Chess, unfortunately, is not too popular nowadays, and clubs keep on pure enthusiasm. Therefore, any club will be glad to a new person, as well as provide full support. In addition to the game of chess itself, you can also chat with interesting club members.
Reading is one of the most ancient, popular and current entertainment. A subscription in any regional library will not cost you anything, but the knowledge, experience and opportunities that open the book to its reader are truly incommensurable.
Here are all the key options for free accommodation in Russia and abroad.