How to make ice?
Watch the video
The summer heat is becoming a serious challenge for us. Drinks with ice cubes or ice cream are considered a real salvation from it. All this can be successfully made at home, if you know the right technology. In our article we will share with you the secrets of how to make ice that is not inferior to the beauty of the restaurant, as well as how to make delicious fruit ice.
Ice for drinks
If you have ever tried to freeze ordinary water at home, you probably noticed that ice from such water turns out to be grayish, muddy. But if you follow the technology, it will turn out to be transparent, brilliant, such as we used to see it in cafes and restaurants. We suggest you to get acquainted with several techniques.
Boiled water ice
The easiest way to get beautiful ice cubes is to boil water. For freezing suitable filtered in several stages or store water. But the plumbing is not suitable because of the high content of impurities in it.
- Pour the water into an enamel or steel pot and boil it.Do not use for these purposes dishes made of aluminum. Warm the water over high heat, let it well for a few minutes. As a result of boiling air bubbles will be removed from the liquid, and water molecules will be able to more strongly cling to each other during freezing.
- Cool the water and boil it again. During cooling, cover the pan with a lid - this will protect it from dust settling. Cool the water back to room temperature. Pour it into ice tins or directly into glasses where drinks will be poured. Now on sale there are special silicone molds with various figures. Such ice will even become an ornament. Cover the surface of the molds or glasses with cling film and place in the refrigerator. After a few hours, the water will freeze, and you can use it for its intended purpose.
If conditions permit, you can try to slowly freeze the ice. AtIn this way, gas bubbles will be slowly forced out of the water, and the ice will turn out beautiful. To do this, install in your freezer temperature mode - 1ºС. Purified water (store or filtered) is poured into prepared molds.Cover them with cling film and leave them in the freezer for a day. You should have beautiful and clear ice.
Additional recommendations about water freezing can be found in the article How to freeze water.
If you at least once read the composition of the shop fruit ice, then you know that it contains nothing but chemistry. But in fact, ice made from natural ingredients is an excellent low-calorie delicacy. Let's figure out how to make fruit ice at home.
To prepare the dessert, prepare:
- 250 grams of pineapple (fresh or canned);
- 250-300 ml of water;
- 150-200 g of sugar.
- Pour water into a stainless steel saucepan and fall asleep in itgranulated sugar. Over low heat, stirring continuously, boil the syrup out of it. As soon as the mass thickens, it is ready. Adjust the amount of sugar according to personal preferences. If you use canned pineapple, you will need less sugar than when using fresh fruit.
- Pineapple puree in a blender. Add lemon juice to it.Gradually introduce sugar syrup, focusing on the sweetness of the mass. You may not need all the syrup.
- Pour the mass in special molds for ice cream. If you do not have these, use tall glasses for these purposes, in each of which paste on a stick for ice cream.
- Put the ice in the freezer. After 6-10 hours (the time depends on the characteristics of your camera) fine fruit ice will be ready.
This recipe is even simpler than the previous one.
You will need:
- 500 ml of cherry juice;
- 80 ml of water;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara.
By analogy with the previous recipe, cook the syrup. When it cools down a little, add cherry juice to it. We regulate its sweetness by its taste preferences. Pour the resulting mass into molds and freeze it. In a few hours, you can enjoy delicious fruit ice.