How to make the gate yourself?
If you are thinking about how to do it yourselfgates, you probably already know that the most optimal option for a country house or dacha was always a swing gate. Advantages of the design in its simplicity, availability of materials and maintenance (which by and large is not required). Anyone who can handle a tool like a hacksaw, hammer, etc. can make them.
Below is the standard procedure formanufacture and installation of gates. Measure the dimensions of the leaflets and the corresponding lengths / distances by yourself and in advance to prepare enough material.
To make the gate you will need:
- jig saw
- coarse nest
- sharp chisel on wood
- a shovel or a garden drill with a screw diameter of 25 cm.
- construction level
- beam on the supports (not less than 200x200 mm.)
- bar on the frame (not less than 100x100 mm.)
- carcass plating board
- about two meters of reinforcement diameter of 8mm.
- cement-concrete mixture with fine crushed stone for fixing supports
- four corner lugs for the lock
- four trimming of a half-inch pipe of 30 cm each
- door handles for gates and wickets
- wood screws
- antiseptic for wood
Installation of supports
- Dig or drill two holes in the ground with a depth of at least 1.5 meters.
- Walk on the beam with a plane and nazhdachkoy, so it looked good. In the proposed places of fixing the loops make the indentations a chisel so that the hinges can be drowned.
- Treat the support beam with an antiseptic and let it dry.
- If you use hinged loops like a barrel, screw the halves of the hinges with the pins to the supports.
- Prepare a cement-concrete mix.
- Insert the beams into the holes.
- Fill the holes with a cement-concrete mix.
- Align the supports in a level perpendicular to the ground.
- Leave to dry the concrete mixture for six hours
Assembling the gates of the gate
The assembly of the shutters is carried out in two stages:
- Assembling the frame of leaflets
- Sheathing of the frame of leaflets
Assembling the frame
- To strengthen the structure of the frame to the sashDo not change the rectangular shape, at each corner of the frame you need to insert it on the stop. Cut a bar about 50 cm long for each corner (depending on the size of your gate) with the ends cut at an angle of 45 degrees (as in the picture).
- Fix the beams with screws in wood, screw the stops into the corners with screws.
- Cut the chisel into small grooves in the supposed places of fastening the loops so that the hinges can be drowned in the frame.
- Treat the frame with an antiseptic.
- Screw the hinges to the frame. Carefully check which side you fasten the hinges so you do not have to redo it. If you use hinged loops such as a barrel, then halves with pins should be attached to the supports, and without pins - to the flaps. The frame is ready.
To avoid problems with errors inthe size of the leaflets, it is recommended first to make one skeleton and try it on the support. So, if the estimated distance from the sash to the empty support does not match the calculations, it will be possible to make corrections in advance and assemble the frame of the second sash of a suitable size. It is not necessary to make the gate absolutely symmetrical: you can digress from the aesthetics for the sake of functionality.
Sheathing of the frame of leaflets
- Dry boards can be screwed to the frame on wood screws. As a rule, the skeleton is clad only on the front side.
The valves are ready. If by this time the cement-concrete mixture has dried up, and the supports are firmly in the ground - you can hang the doors on the supports. If the leaf is straight, then you can walk the jigsaw at the top of the gate to level the line and treat the cut with an antiseptic.
Now it remains to make a wicket (if necessary), rest on the doors, and screw the handles.
Make a gate
The easiest way to make a wicket will beto collect it in the likeness of the gate gates, only smaller. Hanging the gate can be on one of the gates of the gate, or you have to install one more support for the gate with the gate supports.
Stops on the doors
To prevent your doors from opening and closing themselves spontaneously or from the wind, you need to make stops.
- On two pieces of reinforcement cut in half their diameter at a distance of about 15 cm from the end.
- Bend the reinforcement in the notches at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Tighten from the inside to each door leaf two eyelets for locks: one above the other. The distance from the top lug to the ground should be less than the length of the fittings by about 30 cm.
- Insert the armature with the bent side up into the eyelets.
- Open the shutters wide open and, where the armature rests against the ground, dig in pieces of pipe. So you can fix the sash by inserting the armature into the tube.
- Close the flaps and dig the remaining two tubes into the ground to lock the flaps closed.
The stops are ready. It remains only to screw the door handles and be proud of yourself.
We hope you will be satisfied with the result of your work and will not regret the decision to make the gate yourself.