How to remove BIOS?
The BIOS is the basic I / O system of your computer that is part of the system software. It implemented the ability to protect your PC at the highest level - this is the BIOS password. If you do not enter it, the computer will not be able to boot. However, sometimes there are situations when the password is forgotten or lost, and then users start thinking about how to remove the BIOS or reset their password. But since without a password there is neither access to its settings nor the ability to enter anything, many start to panic. I will say right away that you should not do this, since there is nothing terrible about resetting the password. Let's now take a look at the features of the BIOS, how to remove the password in particular.
Earlier, in old motherboards, special service codes were provided for resetting BIOS settings to defaults, but they are absent in modern PCs. Therefore, we will immediately move on to the simplest method - hardware zeroing of BIOS memory, which is also called CMOS.
- Turn off the computer from the outlet
- Open the system unit by unscrewing the bolts on the back panel and removing the side cover
- Locate on the motherboard (the largest board in the system unit) battery CMOS (large, flat, round battery, the size of 5 kopecks)
- Further, if you have a jumper with the inscription Clear CMOS near it, set it to the second position
- If there is no jumper, then remove the battery itself from the socket, neatly poking it with a screwdriver
- Press the power button on the system unit and hold it for 10 seconds
- Now put the jumper in the same position or replace the battery
- Close the system unit and tighten it.
- Now you can connect the computer to the outlet and turn it on
When booting, the PC will display an error message in the BIOS memory and boot up. Also with the password all previously set BIOS settings will be lost.
If you use a laptop, then you will need to find instructions for disassembling your model and repeat all the above operations. Also, do not rely on this protection very much, because attackers also know how to remove the password in BIOS.