How to treat the brain?
The brain is an organ of the central nervous system of a person that performs many functions, including: perception, thinking, processing incoming information, controlling movements, emotions, memory, speech, and much more. Everyone understands that diseases of the brain lead to disastrous results, which is why it is very important to diagnose these diseases in time and also to know how to treat the brain.
This is the most mild form of traumatic brain injury, as well as the most common. The cause of concussion can be various kinds of injuries (sports, domestic, industrial), damage resulting from an accident, an attack, and so on.
- Nausea as well as vomiting
- Noise in ears
- Sleep disturbance
Many people who understand that they have had a concussion prefer to be treated at home, or suffer an injury on their legs. However, it is necessary to consult a doctor for examination and tomography to prevent the most serious damage to the brain and skull than concussion. How to treat this injury:
- Bed rest during the first 5 days, depending on how the patient feels after 5 days, expands the regime.
- Drug treatment is aimed at anesthesia, the fight against dizziness, sedatives and tranquilizers are also prescribed. In addition, it is necessary to use multivitamins.
Along with the above options for treating brain concussion, vascular and metabolic therapy is prescribed to speed up the recovery of brain functions.
A cyst is a fluid-filled cavity inside the skull, as a rule, it has its own shell (bag, bladder). There are two types of cysts:
- arachnoid, cyst, located between the layers of the meninges.
- intracerebral (cerebral) cyst, which was formed inside the brain, in place of an extinct site.
- Headache (arching)
- Feeling of pulsation in the head
- Hearing impairment, or ear noise, with normal hearing
- Visual disorders (spots, double vision, etc.)
- Partial paralysis or numbness of the limbs
- Symptomatic epilepsy
Before telling how to treat a brain cyst, it is worth noting that not every cyst needs to be treated, but the doctor decides whether or not to treat a cyst. The treatment of a brain cyst is aimed at eliminating the causes of its appearance. However, if a cyst has a rather detrimental effect on the patient's condition, then surgical intervention may also be prescribed.
A brain tumor is a neoplasm inside the skull, which leads to disruption of the normal functioning of the brain. Tumors are primary (formed in the brain) and secondary (formed in other organs, and spread to the brain). Primary tumors are also divided into:
- Benign - do not spread beyond the part of the brain in which they were formed.
- Malignant - can spread and infect healthy brain tissue. Tumor growth is very fast.
Symptoms depend on several factors: the type of tumor, its size and location, these are the general symptoms of a brain tumor:
- Nausea as well as vomiting
- Lack of coordination
- Impaired speech, hearing and vision
- Numbness of the limbs
- Memory problems
Methods of treatment:
- Surgery - removal of the tumor.
- Chemotherapy - is aimed at the destruction of tumor cells that are in the process of division. This happens due to special drugs.
- Radiation (radiotherapy) - is aimed at damaging the DNA of cells, which leads to the cessation of tumor growth.
The second and third treatment options are usually used as an adjunct to surgical treatment. However, in cases of inoperable tumors, chemotherapy and radiation are used as the main methods of treatment. How to treat a brain tumor will depend on many factors, here are some of them: the type of tumor, its location, the patient’s health, age, possible complications and side effects of the treatment, and the patient’s preferences.
This disorder is characterized by excessive accumulation of fluid in the brain tissue. This increases the volume of the brain, which leads to an increase in intracranial pressure.
- Headaches (arching)
- Nausea, and vomiting at the peak of pain.
- Disturbance of individual brain functions, depending on the location of edema.
- Reduced level of consciousness
Swelling of the brain can lead to the most disastrous consequences, so proper and urgent treatment is necessary. If we talk about how to treat swelling of the brain, then all treatment is aimed at:
- Elimination of causes of brain edema.
- Removal of excess fluid from the brain tissue.
- Normalization of brain functions and maintenance of vital body functions (breathing, heart activity, etc.)
Atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels is a disease characterized by the formation of foci of lipid deposits (atheromatous plaques) in the inner lining of blood vessels. This disease of cerebral vessels is one of the most common, it is the scourge of modern man. Atherosclerosis may be one of the reasons for the development of cerebral ischemia (more details below in the article).
With this disease, symptoms appear gradually, in the initial stages fatigue, irritability, memory loss, weakening of attention, headaches, fainting, sleep disorders can be observed.
A comprehensive approach to how to treat atherosclerosis of the brain is very important.The main goal of treatment is to prevent the development of the disease and aggravate the patient's condition, in this case they prescribe:
- A balanced diet, the use of vitamins, the removal of cholesterol from the body.
- Weight loss, if any.
- Physical activity, commensurate with the patient's age, is prescribed by a doctor.
- Treatment of concomitant diseases
- Normalization of metabolic processes of the body
Ischemia is a disease characterized by oxygen starvation of the brain tissue, which is associated with insufficient blood supply to the brain. This violation occurs due to the narrowing of the lumen of the vessels, or blockage. If ischemia is long, it can lead to a stroke, so it is very important to correctly diagnose the causes of ischemia and begin treatment.
- Pressure jumps
- Severe dizziness and fainting
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision and speech
- General weakness
In order to determine how to treat cerebral ischemia, it is necessary to find out the reasons for its occurrence. The main treatment method is surgery to remove a blood clot or plaque. Which reduce the lumen of the cerebral artery.
Now you know a little about various diseases of the brain, and you understand how important it is to consult a doctor at the time for a diagnosis, because it can save your life.