Kama Automobile Plant, Naberezhnye Chelny: history, products, indicators
Kama Automobile Building Complexis located in the city of Naberezhnye Chelny. The plant produces heavy vehicles and is one of the largest profile enterprises in the world. The company produces products under the common brand "KamAZ". The place where the Kamsky Automobile Plant is located? Is an automotive cluster with a constantly evolving infrastructure.
Plant for the national economy
Decree on the construction of the plant was publishedin 1969. The place for accommodation was chosen a small town of Naberezhnye Chelny on the Kama River. The location was determined taking into account the possibilities of logistics for the delivery and dispatch of goods. The city is located almost in the center of the former Soviet Union, along the Volga and Kama rivers, it was possible to transport materials for construction and equipment for the workshops by water transport. The advantage was the developed network of railways and highways.
In the future, the geographical position andInfrastructure solved the issue of sending the plant's products to consumers. Construction work at production sites and erection of housing stock was carried out by KamGESenergostroy. The construction was turbulent and multinational, more than 2 thousand organizations of all the ministries of the USSR were involved in fulfilling orders for the future plant.
Start of construction
Kama Automobile Plant was supplied with the bestmaterials, technologies and equipment. The equipment was supplied by both domestic companies and foreign companies, such as Hitachi, Renault, Liebher, etc. In total, the deliveries were made by about 700 foreign companies.
Construction work was started in the winter of 1969. Planned production capacity was to ensure the release of 150,000 units of heavy vehicles, as well as assure the assembly of 250,000 engines during the year. The entire production complex occupies 57 square kilometers of territory on the banks of the Kama River.
A complex approach
Kama Automobile Plant - city-formingcompany. Simultaneously with the buildings, residential buildings and urban infrastructure were built. Employees received comfortable housing, schools, medical facilities, kindergartens, consumer services, sports and cultural complexes were built. Annually up to 40 thousand specialists arrived in the city. At the initial stage the population was 27 thousand people, today there are more than half a million inhabitants in the city.
The first car came off the assembly line of new workshops inFebruary 1976. To date, the number of products is estimated in millions. Over the period of its work, Kamsky Automobile Plant has assembled more than 2 million cars and nearly 3 million engines. Export is carried out in more than eighty countries of the world, every third truck with increased carrying capacity in the CIS countries belongs to the KamAZ family.
Stages of development
Practically in all areas of the country's economyThe cars produced by the Kama Automobile Plant are involved. The plant's history knows ups and downs, but the production never stopped. The first stage of production capacity was commissioned in December 1976. By the time of its launch, the company had the best funds, two times higher than the high performance of the VAZ auto giant.
The growth rates of production and expansion of construction were record-breaking in the industry:
- The first annual production plan (1977) was completed in October with an indicator of 15 thousand cars. By the end of the year, the figure had improved by another 7,000.
- The one-hundred-thousand-dollar KamAZ went off the assembly line in June 1979.
- The second stage of production capacity was put into operation in 1981.
- Kama Automobile Plant in 1983 establishedcompany "KamAZavtotsentr", in the scope of which the warranty service of the machines was manufactured, providing the fleet with spare parts. By the early 90's, the company had 210 service centers.
- In 1987, the plant launchedrelease of minicar cars of mark "Oka". Since 1994, production has received the status of a separate plant, the capacity of which is calculated for the annual output of 75,000 cars.
- In 1988, a racing team was organized fromemployees of the plant "KamAZ" (Kama Automobile Plant) with the name "KamAZ-master", which subsequently won many prizes on domestic and foreign motor rallies.
Kama Automobile Plant (Naberezhnye Chelny) in1990 became the joint-stock company. In the spring of 1993, a large-scale fire broke out at the enterprise in the engine building, destroying almost all unique expensive equipment and premises. Rehabilitation measures were taken almost immediately after the disaster relief. In December of the same year, the shops started producing engines again.
In 1996, JSC KamAZ moved to a new status,becoming an open joint stock company. In the same year, a prototype of a new basic model of the KamAZ-6520 dump truck was created at the enterprise, which gave a start to a line of new models of equipment. Mass production started in 1998.
In the new century the enterprise entered with renewedplans and the developed model of the NefAZ-5299 bus with the basic configuration of the KamAZ-5297 chassis. In 2003, the company presented a production car KamAZ-4308, intended for urban infrastructure.
In November 2005, the plant announced the organization of a joint venture - the German auto concern ZF Friedrichshafen AG and OJSC KamAZ, the structure was named OOO ZF KAMA.
In the summer, production lines were openedin Kazakhstan (Kokshetau) and the creation of a Russian-Kazakh joint venture with the name "Cummins KAMA". In the future, cooperation with European and domestic partners has constantly expanded. There were JVs with companies from the USA, Germany, India, Austria and other countries.
The commemorative two-millionth KamAZ was released fromthe main assembly line in February 2012. Next year, a series of trucks of a new model line began - KamAZ-5490 (main tractor). In the following years, the KamAZ-65206 model tractors and the KAMAZ-65207 on-board trunk trucks were launched into the series.
A new product in 2015 were electric buses,They were born as a result of cooperation with Drive Electro (Russia). Test tests were conducted in the field conditions of megacities and showed a satisfactory result. In the same year, the company began testing an unmanned aerial vehicle manufactured at the enterprise.
In 2016, the enterprise was laidthe capacities of which will be produced carcasses of car cabins for trucks of the K5 generation, which became the largest project since the construction of the KamAZ plant itself.
Kama Automobile Plant in 2017planned to finish the assembly line assembly of engines of a new type - six-row P6. To date, construction work has been completed and accepted by the commission, installation of equipment from the company "Hekkert" (Germany) is being conducted. Until the end of the year, it is planned to assemble two hundred prototype engines on the new line.
One of the largest automobile giants in Russiaand the world is the Kamsky Automobile Plant. The abbreviation KAMAZ is known not only on native spaces, but also abroad. The enterprise produces a large list of cars, machinery, engines, produces related works, provides service.
Kama Automobile Plant, products:
- Serial cars (tractors saddles, heavy-duty trucks, dump trucks, special machinery with CMU).
- Special vehicles (truck cranes, garbage trucks, truck mixers, snow blowers, tow trucks, drilling rigs, etc.).
- Gas-balloon vehicles (buses, dump trucks, truck cranes, tank trucks, municipal vehicles, etc.).
- Buses (city, suburban, intercity, electric buses).
- Trailers (side trailers and semi-trailers, container carriers, trailers and semi-trailers - tanks, etc.).
- Spare parts for produced cars and equipment.
- Associated equipment (mini-TPP, electrical aggregates, mixers, engines, power units, etc.).
Associated production and services
The Kama auto giant includes a large number of industries, which, as part of a whole enterprise, sell their own products.
Factories of the KamAZ Group and products:
- Automobile plant (gears for bridge drives, bridges for vehicles, balancer pendants, repair kits, on-board platforms, etc.).
- Forging plant (crankshafts, levers, gears, rotary fists, fist-cams, hubs, flanges, etc.).
- Foundry (cast iron, steel, color, special, rigging and equipment for foundry works).
- Press-frame factory (cleaning and cutting of metal, painting of metal products, manufacturing of stamped products, welded parts, units, etc.).
- Repair-industrial plant (development andmanufacturing of cutting, measuring, auxiliary tools, special tools, manufacturing and sale of spare parts for machinery, equipment, services for overhaul of machine tools, stands, modernization of finished and obsolete equipment, installation of CNC systems, etc.).
- Engine plant (engine assembly according to the customer's wishes, sale of engine components, galvanizing of parts, heat treatment of parts, machining, etc.).
- Metrology (calibration of measuring instruments, verification of the means of tolerance control, services of a metrology laboratory, etc.).
- Customer service (certified centers KamAZ, maintenance, original spare parts for all lines of produced cars and equipment, warranty service).
General performance indicators for 2016 (IFRS)
In 2016, the consolidated revenue of the companyamounted to 133 540 million rubles, which is 37% higher than the previous year. The company believes that the improvement of financial performance is due to the launch of a new model line of KAMAZ heavy-duty trucks. An important role in qualitative and quantitative indicators was played by the implementation of a national import substitution program, increasing labor productivity, management effectiveness, and the introduction of advanced technologies.
Kama Automobile Plant Operating indicators for 2016:
Indicators in 2017
As a result of the 1st quarter, accounting revenue fromof the realized products shows growth compared to the same period in 2016 and amounts to 26.4 billion rubles (in 2016 - 17.2 billion rubles) .The total profit amounted to 34.4 billion rubles (in 2016 the loss was 2.2 billion rubles .).
In 2017, it is planned to spend 20billion rubles. In the priority areas - investments in the construction of the factory production of carcasses of cabins, import substitution, the organization of production of six-cylinder engines (a new generation), the development of modernized cars. The planned production of serial models of cars is 36 thousand pieces of equipment.
Many large enterprisesexcursions, one of them is the Kamsky Automobile Plant. Photos of industrial facilities, detailed stories about technological processes, plant history and the opportunity to see the new generations of cars first became a reality due to the company's openness policy. In order to visit the workshop, a preliminary record is necessary. Excursions are conducted for groups of 3 to 20 participants by accredited travel agencies.
- Automobile plant.
- Engine Plant
- Press-frame factory.
- Visit two plants (engines and automobile).
Excursions are held during the working week.
The KamAZ plant in the world rating is the ninthplace among automobile plants. The company employs 52 thousand people. The main customers and consumers are the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, TNK, Gazprom. The products are exported to India, China, CIS countries, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Panama and other countries.
If you are interested in where the Kamsky Automobile Plant is located, its address is as follows: Republic of Tatarstan, Naberezhnye Chelny, Avtozavodskaya Prospect, Building 2.