We offer to understand what wages are and what are the factors of wages. To understand this, it is not necessary to have an accounting or economic education. So, let's begin.
Wages are monetary compensation that an employee receives in exchange for his work. That is, made a deal, get the money. Now consider the factors that determine wages. There are several of them. And the first one is a form of payment. Two are commonly used:
- The time payment is paid in proportion to the time worked by the employee. When applying for a job, the standard time worked is discussed. This can be an hourly rate, a weekly rate or a monthly salary. If the latter option is used, then the number of days and hours that need to be worked out is specified.
- Piecework - the employee receives money for the amount of work done. That is, it is necessary to hand over 100kg of finished products, and for how much you make it in a day or a week, this is your problem. The main thing is you have to do the work. Sometimes with this form of payment, terms may also be specified.
On the basis of these forms of payment other systems can be applied. There are many, but the most popular are:
- Taylorism - wages are charged for the implementation of very strict standards given to the worker per day. If everything is done on time and efficiently, the salary is high. If you fail, penalties apply. Work done in excess of the norm is encouraged by a bonus. That is, a person who wants to earn well should work to the maximum;
- Profit sharing system - used where the final result depends on the clarity and coherence of the team. If the work is done on time and without marriage, the owner charges a premium;
- Fordism - used in conveyor production. I.e. Where the result depends on the speed of the conveyor. If the rate increases, the salary also increases;
- The system of analytical evaluation of work. Here, the salary is influenced by the following factors: qualification, labor discipline, rationalization abilities.
What influences salary?
Consider the factors affecting wages. There are many of them, but we will list the main ones below.
- Supply and demand. It all depends on the demand for a particular profession in the labor market or a separate enterprise.If economic growth is observed in some sphere of production, those working in it will receive more. Accordingly, if the decline, then less.
- Qualification. Naturally, a person with a higher level of skill gets more. Education also influences this factor.
- Age. It is believed that the most interested in the growth of wages are people aged from 24 to 45 years. They are ready to spend maximum effort and time to work. Therefore, employers give preference to them.
- Floor. It is not strange, but it is also important. It is believed that women in the first place family and children. And then work. Therefore, it can not give the maximum power production. Although modern women, in my opinion, have proven the opposite.
- Form of remuneration. Time and piecework payment is not always effective. More preferable are the forms where the work of a particular person, his contribution to the work, responsibility and initiative are evaluated.
- Stimulation of labor. The better a person works, the more they pay. This refers to various awards, bonuses, promotions. Sometimes their size can reach up to 40% of the basic salary. Naturally, workers are given the most work, because it is their money.
As you can see, wage formation factors are diverse, although not everything can be taken into account when looking for a job. The most important thing is the desire to earn well and perseverance in achieving this goal.