Toes hurt: what to do?
Pain in the toes may indicate a serious illness. Therefore, it is important not to ignore it, but to find out the reason. Let us dwell on why the toes hurt and what to do with such a problem.
Causes of pain
Toes can hurt for one of the following reasons:
- Arthritis is a common disease that causes inflammation of the cartilage and the joint capsule. This leads to impaired mobility of the limb, which causes pain. It may increase during walking. If you find such a disease at an early stage, then it will be possible to fully recover from it;
- Gout is a disease in which uric acid builds up in the joints. It then forms crystals that cause severe pain, especially when walking. Gout is most often affected by the thumb;
- Vascular disorders. If blood circulation in the lower extremities is difficult, then the toes begin to ache, some note a strong burning sensation in this area;
- Diabetes. This disease often affects the toes.They may contain ulcers, fissures and ulcers. If diabetes has turned into a severe form, then a lesion of cartilage tissue can be observed, which prevents the normal mobility of the toes;
- Morton's neuroma is a disease that is accompanied by a benign mass that affects the nerve endings. Therefore, a person may notice pain in the area of the fingers;
- An ingrown nail often causes severe pain. After all, with such a pathology, the nail plate grows into the skin. This usually occurs due to wearing uncomfortable shoes.
What to do with pain
When your toes hurt, you must take a local anesthetic, for example:
It is necessary to take one of these drugs with caution, as painkillers have their own side effects. Be sure to read the instructions, where special attention must be paid to dosages and contraindications.
It is important to consider that local anesthetics will bring only temporary relief, whereas the disease will progress.Therefore, it is important to consult a doctor so that he can inspect and prescribe treatment. It will depend on the cause of the pain:
- Arthritis. With this disease, anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed. If arthritis was caused by an infection, then antibiotics will also be required. Be sure that with this disease, doctors prescribe drugs-chondroprotectors. They contribute to the restoration of cartilage tissue;
- Arthrosis With this disease, anti-inflammatory drugs and chondroprotectors are also prescribed. Along with them, it is important to take vitamin complexes that are high in calcium;
- Gout. This disease requires a special approach. The diet is first reviewed. The patient must reduce the consumption of spinach, meat, mushrooms, coffee, legumes, and some other products. Be sure to prescribe drugs that help reduce uric acid, for example, Purinol. They are accepted by courses;
- Vascular disorders. With such a disease, blood thinners are prescribed, for example, Aspirin;
- Neuroma Morton. Electrophoresis and shock wave therapy are used to treat this disease.If the tumor is large, then it is surgically removed;
- Ingrown nail. In this case, a laser is used. It removes part of the nail plate that has grown into the skin. This procedure is no different soreness and takes only 5-10 minutes. Often, to remove ingrown nails are taken in beauty salons. But remember that to carry out such a procedure in them is quite dangerous, as it may be an infection.