What is a woman?
The word "baba" is in many languages of the world, thatis explained by the universality of this phonetic (sound) combination. However, only in the Russian language does it have many different meanings. Let's understand what a woman is in Russian, what is the meaning of this word and in what cases is its use appropriate.
Initially, this word was used inpeasant way of life for the name of a married woman, wife. Married - a woman, unmarried - a girl. For a long time this word remained in motion, without acquiring a hint of vulgarity or rudeness. It is also often found in the works of Russian classics, and even in business correspondence and documents of past centuries. For example:
- The skinny woman took out a stale dress in order and hung it on a stretched rope to weather (N. V. Gogol).
Gradually this word began to be consideredand in modern colloquial speech acquired a touch of vulgarity, when used for the name of a woman. An exception is the treatment of grandchildren or other people by grandmother, an elderly woman. Often used in combination with the name: a woman Masha, a woman Lida, etc.
There are other meanings for this word:
- baba (grandmother) - kind of culinary product, sweet pastry: rum;
- woman - the detail of the mechanism, the machine;
- Baba - a tool for the demolition of buildings and buildings;
- a woman - an ancient stone statue, an idol: a stone woman, a golden woman.