What to drink from a cough?
Cough is a protective reactionorganism on stimulation of receptors. Due to it, the respiratory tract clears from foreign substances. There are several types of cough, and many reasons that provoke it. In addition, cough is also dangerous because it can be the only symptom of terrible diseases, such as lung cancer, bronchial asthma, tuberculosis, pleurisy. In the event that the cough resembles itself most often in cases where a person assumes a horizontal position, this may indicate that he has heart failure. In this article, we consider the types of cough, as well as options for its treatment.
Types of cough
Since the cause of coughing can be bacteria,viruses, foreign objects, ulcers and tumors, when you have a cough, you should still consult a doctor so that he diagnoses and identifies the cause. Coughing happens:
- Dry: the causes can be dry bronchitis, irritation of the larynx, miliary tuberculosis;
- Wet: bronchitis, pneumonia;
- Spastic: laryngitis and tracheitis;
- Barking: with bronchial asthma. Cough is similar in sound to the fact that a man choked;
- Sick: inflammation of the vocal cords;
- Whooping cough. Ends with vomiting. Causes are pertussis, some forms of tuberculosis, chronic pharyngitis;
- Cough staccato. Most common in children with chlamydial pneumonia;
- Bitonal. Occurs in tubercular granulations (tightening of ulcers and wounds);
- Cough with syncope - cough with loss of consciousness. The reason is a decrease in the venous influx with an increase in intrathoracic pressure.
Treatment of cough
There is no single answer to the question thatyou can drink from a cough. Since coughing is just a symptom, you can alleviate it just as you do when the flu is knocked down. But this will not help to cope with the disease. If you need to give yourself or another person first aid and relieve the symptom of a particular disease, you can use some medicines from the pharmacy:
- Mukaltin. Consists of herbs, works as an expectorant, taking these tablets can alleviate a prolonged cough.
- Hexoral. Suitable for the suppression of bacteria in the mouth and throat. Since you can not drink it, you can rinse your mouth or use it as a lollipop, gradually dissolving. It will stop the growth of bacteria, thereby preventing coughing and will have a mild anesthetic effect.
- Narcotic antitussives. Can be appointed only by a doctor and then in the most difficult situations. Suppress the part of the brain that is responsible for the cough. They ease the condition, but they depress the respiratory system and often become the causes of constipation.
At home, if there is no pharmacy nearby, medicines and a doctor, you can help yourself with folk remedies:
- Chamomile. She perfectly copes with microbes which are from an oral cavity and a pharynx. Also, you can take it inside - chamomile has a very good effect on the stomach.
- Warm milk, butter and honey. This drink warms and lubricates the throat when coughing.
- St. John's wort / Sage. Good sore throat and disinfect it.
All independent treatment options can beApply only in the case when you are completely sure that this is only an easy cold.