What vitamins to drink during pregnancy?
As you know, during pregnancy, all organs and systems of a woman are under serious strain. That is why it is very important to help the body, taking vitamins. It is known that even a completely correct diet cannot sufficiently saturate the organism of the future mother. Therefore, it is important to use additional multivitamin complexes.
- So, what vitamins to drink during pregnancy, so that it proceeds successfully and without complications? First of all, a pregnant woman simply needs vitamin A, which has anti-toxic properties. It helps to maintain visual acuity, improves the functioning of the respiratory and digestive systems, and also forms enamel and participates in the development of the musculoskeletal system. Expectant mother should receive about 2.5 mg. this vitamin.
- For the proper development of the child, you must also use vitamin D, which has a positive effect on bones and teeth. The daily need for this vitamin is 12 mcg.
- In turn, vitamin B5 improves the synthesis of enzymes in the body, strengthens the nervous system and speeds up the metabolism.
- Another important element for a pregnant woman is vitamin K. It participates in the formation of protein, improves blood clotting and prevents bleeding. The daily need for this vitamin is about 10 micrograms.
- Vitamin PP provides the normal development of the nervous and muscular systems, and also gives energy to the expectant mother. Per day you need to consume about 20 mg of this element.
Planning a pregnancy: what to drink vitamins before conceiving
It is worth noting that it is important to take vitamins not only during pregnancy, but also before conception. At least three months before the planned pregnancy, you need to reconsider your lifestyle, giving up alcohol, smoking and other bad habits. During this period, it is advisable for a woman to start drinking vitamin B9, which is an excellent prevention of congenital diseases. In addition, it will be relevant in the beginning of pregnancy. The second most important vitamin in this context is vitamin E.He is involved in the synthesis of hormones, improves blood circulation and, plus everything, is an antioxidant.
Continuing the topic of what vitamins to drink before pregnancy, it is necessary to raise the issue of dosage. This material contains average data that is unacceptable for all women. That is why in each case requires an individual approach. Only a doctor is able to determine the optimal ratio and dosage of vitamins, which will eliminate their lack or excess.