Why does my knee hurt after running?
Often it happens that after a run the knee hurts, withThis discomfort is a cutting or pricking surface character. The hearth is located on the inside of the knee joint. No signs of redness or swelling of the skin.
The frequent reason is that after running the kneehurts, is trauma (chondromalacia of the patella). It arises because of unnatural and incorrect movements of the joint. The characteristic signs of this pathology are dull pain sensations or stiffness near the patella.
The reasons for why knee pains after running,often the wrong moves. As a result, friction, irritation and inflammation of the surface of the joints and ligaments occur. Incorrect movements are observed in the following cases:
1. When running on uneven terrain. The roots of trees, sloping sections of the road, as well as pits and hillocks cause the ankle and foot to work incorrectly. These movements are transmitted to the knee.
2. With the wrong technique of running. Torsion of the trunk during movement and outwardly turned out feet cause the effect of side force on the knee.
3. With flatfoot. This deficiency affects the work of the foot and is transmitted to the knee.
4. At low quality or high wear of running shoes.
5. With overstrain and inelasticity of muscles. This phenomenon causes unnatural movements in the knee.
6. In the case when a run-up warm-up was performed before running. Proper stretching helps to improve the elasticity of the muscles, preparing them for intensive work.
The knee is very sore under excessive loads. In this regard, it should be less to run along the asphalt road in unsuitable footwear. The reason that after the running knee hurts, the unpreparedness of the joint to heavy loads can also become.
In the event that the unpleasantsensations, training should be immediately completed. Resume lessons can be after one or two days, if this does not disturb the pain. It is necessary to take precautions to prevent the occurrence of an unpleasant phenomenon. If the pain does not go away, the training should be abandoned for at least a week. For the rapid elimination of pathology, the use of ice and ointments of an anti-inflammatory nature is recommended. The most commonly used drugs are the following: "Indovazin", "Ibuprofen", "Voltaren", etc. During the break between training, in the absence of pain in the knee, you need to switch to other types of exercise. It is recommended to swim, ride a bike, ski or skate.
In the event that, after running, the knee hurts,pathology can be cured in a short time. It is not a chronic trauma requiring long-term therapy and causing relapses even with small overloads in the future.
To prevent a state when after a workoutThe knee hurts, it is necessary to run on an equal surface with observance of necessary technics. If there is flat feet, you need to purchase special orthopedic insoles and remember to stretch the muscles before running. Particular attention should be given to the choice of shoes and adhere to the optimal intensity and volume of training.